2016–2021 Strategic Plan
In 2016, the American Academy of Home Care Medicine’s Board of Directors developed the organization’s strategic goals into a formal strategic plan that reflects the Academy’s mission-driven future direction.
Goal 1: Advocacy
AAHCM advocates for the field of home care medicine and the health and well-being of the patients that are served.
- Increase patient, public, professional, policy-maker and payer awareness and education of the role and value of home care medicine.
- Promote the Medicare Independence at Home demonstration into a national program.
- Increase Academy’s membership across all categories.
- Expand the Academy’s reputation as a leader in advancing home care medicine.
- Increase AAHCM’s members’ engagement in advocacy initiatives.
- Develop and maintain data to support policy/advocacy in real time.
- Develop accurate and reliable risk adjustment and frailty models for populations that qualify for home care medicine.
Goal 2: Governance
Develop governance structures and policies and procedures that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the AAHCM Board of Directors.
- Foster board and staff development in achieving the strategic direction and operational efficiency of AAHCM.
- Establish an infrastructure.
Goal 3: Quality
Home care medicine providers and practices will deliver high-quality, consistent, compassionate care.
- Enhance care delivery and workforce preparedness through research and education.
- Manage the National Home Based Primary Care and Palliative Care qualified clinical database registry.
- Develop a home care medicine practice accreditation process.
Goal 4: Workforce
Develop a competent, compassionate work force of providers and practices to deliver home care medicine to those in need
- Support sustainable practice management.
- Position AAHCM as the definitive resource for interdisciplinary education in home-based primary care.
- Expand the home care medicine workforce.
Goal 5: Research
Perform or facilitate research that promotes the field of home care medicine
- Develop and operationalize prioritized home care medicine appropriate research agenda.
- Develop and maintain data to support grant development by researchers in the field of home care medicine
If you would like to learn more about AAHCM’s initiatives, visit the Public Policy section.