Accomplishments in Home Care Medicine
American Academy of Home Care Medicine’s members have built the field of home care medicine by building thriving practices. As the professional society for this field, the Academy has removed barriers, set standards, provided education, and fostered the development of legislation to facilitate growth, allowing members to meet patients’ needs.
Highlights of AAHCM’s accomplishments in home care medicine include:
- Creating a resource toolkit on the effects and benefits of home-based primary care (HBPC) programs, including a whitepaper, facts and FAQs, and powerful video testimonials.
- Working with Information Matrix to develop The Power of Home Care Medicine mini-documentary to air on CNN, PBS, and additional news networks.
- Achieving a material increase in Medicare reimbursement rates for home and domiciliary care visits
- Developing the first ever Ethics Statement for the field
- Providing the practice community with a variety of helpful publications
- Developing and conducting the first medical director training seminars for home health agency medical directors
- Developing and conducting the first faculty development seminars for medical school faculty interested in teaching home care medicine
- Administering and developing the Home Care Certification Exam
- Developing the specifications and fostering the passage of the Independence at Home (IAH) legislation
- Representing the interests of members in a myriad of regulatory issues from audits to quality and incentive reporting programs
- Hosting a stand-alone Annual Scientific Meeting and webinars focused on training healthcare professionals on home-based care best practices.
Stay Updated on Home Care Medicine News
Learn more about the latest updates in home care medicine by checking out our Newsroom, and by following us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Interested in becoming a part of AAHCM? Learn more about member benefits and joining AAHCM.
Much More Lies Ahead for AAHCM…
Read the Academy’s strategic plan to see what will be accomplished in the years ahead. An increased emphasis will be on providing more educational opportunities, successfully implementing IAH as a new Medicare program, providing ongoing practice management support to members, and actively collaborating with other organizations wishing to enhance the quality of home care medicine.