Call for Annual Meeting Speaker/Session Proposals
We are pleased to invite AAHCM members and others involved in the field of home care medicine to submit proposals for sessions at the 2018 AAHCM Annual Meeting which will be held in Chicago on October 26th and 27th. This is a great opportunity to participate and showcase their knowledge and expertise. Your participation will help contribute to the field of home care medicine and add to the quality of the programming at the annual meeting.
This year’s conference is titled:
Driving the Change to Value-Based Care
Connecting Leadership, Quality, and Ethics
The conference will convene academic leaders, policy authorities, Veterans Administration experts, as well as clinical and operational experts to bring to life the new and changing opportunities in our field. There will be sessions on partnering with Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare ACOs as well as discussions on how to improve practice viability through new fee-for-service opportunities such as complex care management, transitional care management and advanced care planning. There will be opportunities to hear from policy thought leaders about future innovations in the VA and Medicare as well as perspectives from non-traditional home-based providers. Woven into these discussions will be a focus on ensuring patient safety and improving quality in our rapidly expanding, but loosely regulated field. Discussion of critical elements to enhance operational efficiency and to keep patients safe and out of the hospital will be coupled with insights on how to identify patients in need of our services and care for them across the continuum. Suggestions for incorporating social determinants into operational design will also be highlighted. Attendees should leave the conference better able to participate in this exciting moment in health care.
Please review the above description and only suggest speaker sessions consistent with the conference focus.
In order to be considered, please submit your proposal by the submission deadline, April 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST.
Proposals will be evaluated on the following:
- Presentations must be applicable to the practice of home based medical care and related to the conference themes such as:
- Quality measurement including measurement development, operationalization of measures and improvement in outcomes
- Ensuring patient safety in an era of change and reform
- New clinical evidence that can drive improvements in outcomes for home-based patients
- Leadership and advocacy strategies for creating new opportunities for home-based medical models
- Participation in value-based payment models
- Innovative home care models for Medicare, Medicaid, the VA and commercially insured patients
- Operational strategies for achieving triple aim outcomes
- Operational efficiency and revenue cycle management
- Collaboration models with payers and non-traditional providers of home-based medical care
- Overall quality and clarity of the proposal
- Well-defined objectives
- Relevance/timeliness to conference focus
- Practical applications of material
- Speaker’s clinical and/or programmatic experience in the area of home-based medical care
- Speaker’s level of speaking experience
- Speaker’s ability to engage and activate the audience
- Speaker’s demonstration of experience/expertise in the area
- Free from commercial bias (no marketing is allowed in sessions)
Academy members will receive full complementary registration. Non-members selected will receive a $700 stipend toward registration and travel.
Please click here for the submission template. Email Session Submission Form and CV to Valerie Good-Turney, Executive Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.