Dan Gilden Creative Investigator Award
Now accepting nominations through August 31, 2017!
Background & Purpose
Dan Gilden, CEO of JEN Associates, has led efforts for AAHCM to measure the value of home based primary care. Dan’s brilliance and successful ideas have broken barriers and have allowed AAHCM to publish and disseminate important results on the value of home-based medical care, leading CMS to revise their views on the high need, high cost group. It is AAHCM’s wish to support the same drive, dedication, and creativity Dan has modeled throughout his life, as an investigator.
The Dan Gilden Creative Investigator Award is given to an exceptional investigator for his/her innovative body of work advancing the field of home care medicine. This award recognizes an investigator who has made great contributions to the field of home care medicine.
Nominees and nominators do not need to be current AAHCM members, but should have experience in the field of home care medicine. Self-nominations are accepted. Evidence of creative investigation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in the field of home care medicine
- First-author OR co-author of an original publication (not a review article) in home care medicine
- Poster/speaking presentation on a home care medicine related topic at a national meeting
The nomination packet should consist of the following materials:
- Letter of Nomination: This letter should be written by an individual who knows the nominee’s work, and should document the nominee’s contributions and impact. If this is a self-nomination, please document your contributions as they relate to advancing the field of home care medicine.
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: Nominator should submit at least one (maximum 2) letters of recommendation from the nominee’s peers, mentors, or colleagues. These letters should not exceed one page.
*All nominations packets must be submitted to Sarah Tiwana, Operations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017 for consideration.
An award plaque will be presented to the awardee at the October 2017 Annual Meeting. The awardee will also receive a $1000 monetary award, and a complimentary one-year membership.
The Awards Committee and Research Committee will establish a review panel consisted of members from each committee to review applications and select an award recipient.
*Nominators and nominees will be notified of a decision in September 2017.