Call for Annual Meeting Pre-Conference Session Proposals
We are pleased to invite speakers to submit proposals for the Pre-Conference session at the 2017 AAHCM Annual Meeting. This is a great opportunity for both Academy members and nonmembers to participate and showcase their knowledge and expertise. Your participation will help contribute to the field of home care medicine and add to the quality of education provided at the annual meeting.
In order to be considered, please submit your proposal by the submission deadline, March, 17 2017 at 11:59 pm CST.
The Pre-Conference is to cover practice management operations for a home based primary care practice. The session will cover coding practices to help ensure the practice is reimbursed for its services, but also how to comply with the new changes related to MACRA, MIPS and more. The session will also cover how to know how many practitioners can serve how many patients, and best practices related to how to make the most of the practitioners time when they are out seeing patients. How to coordinate between the office staff and the practitioners. If possible include sample templates or other resources for attendees of the session.
General Qualifications for Proposal
- Presentations must be applicable to the practice of home based primary care in the following areas:
- Delivering patient-centered care
- Working as part of interdisciplinary teams
- Practicing evidenced-based medicine
- Focus on quality improvement
- Using information technology
- Thoroughness of the subject matter and proposal
- Overall quality of content
- Relevance / timeliness to current issues
- Well-defined focus and objectives
- Practical applications of material
- Level of speaking experience and expertise
- Basic, Intermediate, Advanced level knowledge
- Free from commercial bias (no marketing is allowed in sessions)
- Final selections are based on the best fit within the designed program curriculum
- Academy members will receive full complementary registration
- Non-Academy members will receive a $700 honoraria
Please click here for the submission template. Email Session Submission Form and CV to Dawn Herman, Director of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.