Delivering on the Promise of Home Based Primary Care
May 14-15, 2015
National Harbor, MD
This meeting is approved for 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(s)
We invite you to the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Home Care Medicine (AAHCM) on May 14-15, 2015 at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD. Our title is “Delivering on the Promise of Home Based Primary Care”. We have an array of extraordinary speakers from the clinical, health system, insurance, and policy worlds. We will update annual meeting information regularly, so bookmark this page and check back often.
The conference will use an active learning approach, with great speakers and ample Q and A, to highlight the value of bringing medical care to the home. Topics will focus on effective clinical and business operations with substantial time for networking. We aim to break our 2014 record attendance with upwards of 300 attendees from around the U.S. and the world.
The conference will include small group expert seminars, plenary sessions on key clinical and business topics, House Call highlights from multiple disciplines, lunch and evening networking receptions, special topics from the VA Home-Based Primary Care network, and updates on 2015 health policy reform and the Independence at Home demonstration project.
Key Meeting Learning objectives are:
· Describe the evidence for current and future value of home care medicine
· Provide an update on home care medicine policy
· Describe approaches to team-based home care for complex patients and special populations
· Introduce and delivery on clinical best practices in the home setting.
· Examine methods to measure success in home care medicine
· Serve as an effective agent of change and advocacy in health care
· Explain successful financial strategies for home care medicine
We hope you will join us and be part of the leading edge of health care transformation. We and the AAHCM staff are glad to answer any questions have about the meeting. We look forward to seeing you in National Harbor!
Steven Landers, MD, MPH Robert Sowislo
Program Co-Chair Program Co-Chair